Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,441 to 96,460 of 96,542

Tyranexx

jedgamesguy wrote:

so it’s all looking peachy.

Does this mean you'll also pick up Princess Peach, Showtime at some point?

Super Mario 3D World is probably one of my favorite Mario titles. I mainly picked up the Switch version for Bowser's Fury, but I'm happy to play through the main game again when the time comes too. Such a vibrant game, and I'm not biased AT ALL when I say I love the cat power-up. Super Mario RPG is a decent game for its time, and it appears the remake cleans up my main gripe with the original: the visuals. Unlike some pixel art from that time, its particular style didn't age well. I liked some of the unique battle mechanics, though the game can be a bit on the easy side for the most part. I've heard the remake is even easier. Ah well, more Geno isn't a bad thing. Mallow was always kind of a meh character to me though. Sounds like you're all set for your trip!

I'd argue some of earlier high school was more difficult; conversely, I feel like I almost coasted through part of my Junior and pretty much all of my Senior year. Though the latter was stressful enough with scholarships, various senior events, and other extras associated with that time period in life. I had a few good friends, and there were some friendly people and a couple of fondly remembered teachers. Other than that...I don't really miss it. Too much drama. I went to a smaller public HS where everyone pretty much knew everyone, which didn't exactly help.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Hm it’s almost that time again. Apparently the family now wants the whole “let’s go to California in the second half of the year” to be a bi-annual recurring thing, so now it’s up to me to organize stuff once more.

I’ll definitely make arrangements to visit Knott’s Berry Farm this time, that one is locked in. Disneyland is in “maybe” because it’s still as expensive as ever, which means it’s actually cheaper because the dollar has gone down since last time… So… Perhaps… If we save enough.

However, the biggest surprise is Universal Studios. Two years ago I managed to get two-day admission passes for like 60 bucks each, but this year it’s ridiculously expensive, like nearly triple for a single day. I wonder what happened there, did Super Nintendo Land really increase the value that much?.. It’s too bad, I really enjoyed it last time.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CaleBoi25

jellyfish
peanutbutterfish
sandwhichfish
yumfish

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

jedgamesguy

Tyranexx wrote:

Does this mean you'll also pick up Princess Peach, Showtime at some point? .

As much as I want to, I never felt impressed about that game at all from announcement to release. May be the one big game from Nintendo I have zero interest in buying / playing, sadly. That part of my gaming hobby isn't peachy at all. 3D World I was happy to get, not just for Bowser's Fury but also because this game, like a lot of the Wii U exclusives, deserved to be enjoyed by more people than the few that owned the Wii U. As for Mario RPG, the combat certainly is unique, I'll give you that, I just think it was better refined in the Mario & Luigi games, even compared to the new remake.

I'm the opposite, I found middle and early high school great, I was doing well, I was getting challenged, and I had good friends, but I moved schools for the last few years and it wasn't enjoyable at all despite my best efforts. I barely spoke to anyone in my senior year and I imagine people thought I was some kind of loser lmao. I was putting my energy into better things, like sports, my various arts hobbies, etc. That second HS was also very small.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

CaleBoi25 wrote:

jellyfish
peanutbutterfish
sandwhichfish
yumfish

Horseradishfish
Ketchupfish
Mayonnaisefish
Mustardfish
Wasabifish

Anti-Matter

card-crunch78

So to celebrate the Splatfest (Baby Chicks vs. Li'l Bunnies vs. Bear Cubs), I had my 'sona transformed into a bunny by drinking a potion that swapped the species of himself and his friend Lily, so now she's got his fox ears and tails while he has her rabbit ears and tail. Their diets also changed, now he's preferring the taste of vegetables while she's eating both meat and veg. The potion's effects will wear off after the Splatfest ends though.

Edited on by card-crunch78

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

CaleBoi25

Anti-Matter wrote:

CaleBoi25 wrote:

jellyfish
peanutbutterfish
sandwhichfish
yumfish

Horseradishfish
Ketchupfish
Mayonnaisefish
Mustardfish
Wasabifish

Mariofish
Luigifish
Brotherfish
Superfish

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

CaleBoi25

@waveboy I don't know of any, but if you find one, would you let me know as well?

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Anti-Matter

CaleBoi25 wrote:

Sing with me!
Twinkle twinkle little star...

Little star becomes SuperNOVA.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@jedgamesguy Jokes aside, I did play the demo for Princess Peach: Showtime and enjoyed it for the most part. It isn't a game I'll grab anytime soon; probably when it's on discount at a retailer who isn't Nintendo. I 100% agree that Super Mario 3D World deserves a wider audience - it's one of my favorite Mario titles after all. From the M&L titles I've played (The SS remake, Partners In Time, and I'm almost finished with the BIS remake), I do agree they better refine some mechanics introduced in Super Mario RPG. Though I will say PIT had a couple of odd decisions when it came to buying Bros. attacks and adding the babies to the combat. And I like the normal battle sections in BIS, but I dislike the giant battles.

Seems that many of us have different experiences. I'm glad your school years around the same period in your life seemed to be better. And honestly, I was more lonely my senior year too; I didn't move schools, but many I actually hung out with were in the grade above mine, so I could only manage to see them outside of school...and rarely at that. A lot of my energy was spent on school, extracurriculars, college research, scholarship apps, and more.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

@waveboy this is not useful information for you, because it’s not what you need, but I just love the chance to insert it into a conversation.

I have a MyArcade Retro Champ. Got it as a birthday gift a few years ago. It’s a big, clunky slab of hardware with a screen on it that plays NES and Famicom games.

Image quality is ok, even if color accuracy is a bit off, and to properly play on a tv you need a specific controller that is sold separately (or two if you want to play with another person!).

But wanna know the strangest thing about it? It has a little drawer for cartridge cleaning supplies built-in.

It’s such a weird product, and I kinda love it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

jedgamesguy

Tyranexx wrote:

@jedgamesguy Jokes aside, I did play the demo for Princess Peach: Showtime and enjoyed it for the most part. It isn't a game I'll grab anytime soon; probably when it's on discount at a retailer who isn't Nintendo. I 100% agree that Super Mario 3D World deserves a wider audience - it's one of my favorite Mario titles after all. From the M&L titles I've played (The SS remake, Partners In Time, and I'm almost finished with the BIS remake), I do agree they better refine some mechanics introduced in Super Mario RPG. Though I will say PIT had a couple of odd decisions when it came to buying Bros. attacks and adding the babies to the combat. And I like the normal battle sections in BIS, but I dislike the giant battles.
Seems that many of us have different experiences. I'm glad your school years around the same period in your life seemed to be better. And honestly, I was more lonely my senior year too; I didn't move schools, but many I actually hung out with were in the grade above mine, so I could only manage to see them outside of school...and rarely at that. A lot of my energy was spent on school, extracurriculars, college research, scholarship apps, and more.

I'm not much of a demo player, at this point I trust my instinct from reviews, watching gameplay and word of mouth to decide whether to get a game or not. With the Princess Peach game I just didn't feel any kind of spark, kinda simple as that. I'm sure I'll get to Mario RPG eventually, after the 7 jrpgs I'm hacking through at the moment, as if I haven't played enough of those. The M&L games I have played are Dream Team and Paper Jam, the two most recent ones. Dream Team actually had a decent story, fun gameplay, big difficulty curve and a great soundtrack, and Paper Jam was far simpler but was the comfort food option.

Very much so, that's what makes sharing experiences fun, the fact that it's not all the same. I was similar here though, I found good friends both in the years above and below, even when I was a senior and there was a stigma around the so-called superiority complex of seniors. It was a small school so seeing these friends was easy, multiple times a day, sometimes after every class.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

ThatZeldaNerd

Almost finished with chem.
so hardddd

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

CaleBoi25

I just beat the Water Temple in TotK!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Eel

Finally got around to buying new screen protectors for my 2DS.

Removing the old set was a pain, but it really needed them. Now it looks and feels like new~

Bloop.

ThatZeldaNerd

@CaleBoi25 nice! did u have fun???

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic