Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,421 to 96,440 of 96,627

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I have some Switch games in Asia region without age rating displayed such as Chocobo Dungeon Every Buddy, FF XII The Zodiac Age, FF X/X-2 (2 games in 1 cartridge), World of Final Fantasy Maxima, etc.
At least the age rating is not USK German with huge square logo on it. It looks hideous and ruining the cover in my opinion. I don't like Australia age rating also for being too restricted for moderate violent games (Teen games) by rated them as "Mature" games with Blue M logo.

Btw, I cannot see your posted pictures.
It said Untitled when I tried to see your posted pictures.
Maybe you can try imgbb for uploading pictures.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Didn't know that some games from that region had no age rating. I always use PostImages, and I see it on my phone fine (I'm not logged into my phone, only my PC) so let me try to repost them for you using that site. Just don't want it to be seen as spam since they're the same pictures above, should not need to repost them.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Interesting.
Sometime the Asia version of Switch games have different region on its sticker.
I have FF XII The Zodiac Age and Chocobo Dungeon Every Buddy Asia version with no age rating label but the cartridge sticker mention JPN and no Japanese texts whatsoever in the cover.
Usually the Asia region have ASI on its sticker and Asia region with no label is not same as MDE region which it still counted as USA region.
I have never get Asia region with no age rating label but the sticker is USA.
Interesting case, I have Lost Sphear Switch version which have USA cover in front but when you open the case, it has another cover Japan version inside and the cartridge sticker mentioned JPN instead of USA.

Funny situation, I have Kung Fu Rider PS3 Asia version which all the text still in English but the dubbing is in Cantonese language.
The USA version is in English dubbing.
The Cantonese dubbing sounds funny and awkward like I watched Hong Kong movies and the game itself literally set in a place like Hong Kong with mafia gangster as your enemies. 🤭

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Tyranexx wrote:

@jedgamesguy Hey, no problem! Good luck with that growing Mario game pile! Mine is tempered down more, but that's ignoring a couple titles I don't have yet. XD

I'd be down for MK8D voice chat again in the future. Unless it's very hot, I'll likely leave my living room windows closed this time. I'm sure we can set a new time before long. Though my availability might be less now that my D&D group is trying to come out of a long hiatus.

Had a few gos yesterday while I recovered from my hiking heatstroke, especially Mario U, Mario 3D World and Mario RPG… U and 3D World are so familiar to me by this point that I could play them in my sleep but they’re comfort blankets, I love playing them, especially 3D World, it looks and runs beautifully on the Switch. More mixed on Mario RPG for now but I’ll eventually get through more of it to form concrete opinions.

By the time we convene next ill be back in the UK so timing’ll be far more palatable, internet’s also gonna enjoy a good facelift. Excited for whatever comes next, and with the Switch’s versatile library it’s not just MK8 that’s on the cards. I’ll admit I was a little nervous before joining this time but it’s good to know you two share my enthusiasm for this new depth of gaming through VC.

Oh and @MarioVillager92… play both Persona 5 and Dragon Quest 11, you won’t regret it at all. Both are easily in my top 5 games of all time.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

Been feeling a bit sad lately... had a couple rough days as well. I hope things get better soon. I'd love to have folks cheer me up.

@Tyranexx Oh all right, that might be it then. Toying around with your Discord sound settings might just be the key. If it helps, I've only used my phone and the Discord app, and my phone case has a kickstand so I can have my phone stand.

Good thing I'm not the only one who struggles with low self-esteem... it gets me sometimes. High school was a little better for me as well, but was still a bit tough. Middle school was just brutal on me... thank goodness those days are over. That's awesome to see you're working on self-love, I'm doing that as well... it's partially why I now have that saying in my signature. Yeah everyone has their bad days and I'm doing my best to deal with them. You're right... we do gotta keep at it! I could use a good cheer-up though... been feeling kind of sad lately.

Gotcha, that's understandable. Actually, I did like a few of Sony's exclusives back in the PS2 days. Namely Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet and Clank. Not gonna lie, the PS2 is my favorite Sony console to this day. I've said this before on Nintendo Life, but I just don't like the newer PlayStation exclusives because of how movie-ish they tend to be. It's why I didn't get a PS4 or a PS5. Yeah, I'm like that with RPGs as well.

Ah gotcha, Ys does sound and look like something I'd like. Me too, I'm glad I got to get as much out of the original Splatoon as I did before the online went bye-bye. Oh gotcha, you're not a fan of the GamePad huh? That would be cool, I'm sure you'll enjoy DQXIS quite a bit. In terms of my gaming preferences, I like pretty much anything action-oriented, especially platformers and adventure games. I like playing racing games sometimes as well. That's cool, I remember you had your Zelda Game & Watch when you went to Germany... that Zelda G&W does have the original Link's Awakening.

@Sunsy Yeah anytime. I actually tried out the 1v1 mode with my cousin years ago. I recall it was all right, though it is quite a lot different from the regular Turf Wars. Since you're shooting balloons instead of covering the most turf.

Nice, sounds like you had a great birthday! Glad you got Peach Showtime... even if the box is a bit different, lol. That's cool your mom gave you a Strawberry Shortcake shirt as well. That would be cool, I'd love to play that sometime. I did play Mario Kart Arcade GP, but only the first one. Not any of the later ones.

Thanks, they've been getting better, no damage at all. Though... I've been feeling kind of sad lately. Just personal, and I had a rough couple of days. I'd love a good cheer-up.

I've mainly used the GamePad when I play the Wii U, though I have used the Wii remote and nunchuk when playing Pikmin 3, while using the GamePad as a map. Gotcha, that's cool though. Kinda wish I at least tried out the online for Sonic Rush Adventure, though.

Oh that's cool, so PSO version 2 had a story mode of some kind? That Radica plug and play Genesis was pretty neat for sure, the games ran and sounded pretty good, though I recall that Sonic's jump sound didn't play for whatever reason. Never had any of the AtGames Genesis systems, though I have seen YouTube videos of it. Yeah... the sound on those things are awful. The music and all the sound effects are all in a lower pitch, it's really jarring to me.

That's a good point you brought up, yeah at least there's no time limit for grinding in RPGs, lol. Can you imagine how much more stressful that would be if that was the case?

@jedgamesguy All righty, I do intend to play more of those two games when I get a chance. Just gotta break out of my Splatoon 3 phase.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Smth2024

@EllaTheQueen6 Hey Ella! How have you been? :3

I dunno.

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama.

i struggle with self doubt & anxiety sometimes, so please be respectful if my posts aren’t the most positive! ^u^

CaleBoi25

ᓚᘏᗢ

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

card-crunch78

I wish I were a kid again. Then I wouldn't have to suffer with anxiety over having to miss episodes of Pokémon while I was at school, thanks to streaming services today. Stupid VCR auto-record setup...

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

ThatZeldaNerd

@MarioVillager92 Hey buddy! im so sorry u have been feeling down lately! I have been feeling... well not really great either. But we can get through this!💪🏼
praying for u ma boi 🙂

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

ThatZeldaNerd

@card-crunch78
thats prolly the most relatable thing iv heard today 😢

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

MarioVillager92

@ThatZeldaNerd Thank you for your kind words once again. Sorry to hear you're not doing so hot either... best wishes to you as well!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

card-crunch78

@ThatZeldaNerd Yeah, most people want to be a kid to enjoy stuff from the past, but if we're being serious, the convenience of today's tech (aside from social media) makes me jealous of the younger generation. Like come on, where was Netflix and Disney+ 20 years ago?!

I guess I can't bellyache too much, it's not like I'm in a nursing home with super weak and painful limbs on life support. I'm still in the prime of my life after all.

Edited on by card-crunch78

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

CaleBoi25

@Kermit1doesmath ᓚᘏᗢ Here you go!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Anti-Matter

Good morning.
Yesterday 13 April was birthday anniversary of Thomas Jefferson. (3rd USA president)
Today 14 April is birthday anniversary of Anne Sullivan (Helen Keller"s teacher)
Tomorrow 15 April will be birthday anniversary of Leonardo Da Vinchi.

Anti-Matter

XandertheWise

watching some of Real World Season 20 today.

I wish MTV would bring back regular Real World.

I really can't stand the newer Challenge crap that's on MTV and on Paramountplus. that's not the same thing as regular Real World.

XandertheWise

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Ah, no problem on why you need to wait to get a PS5; I completely understand saving and finances lol. I'm trying to slow down on game purchases for a bit to save for a trip I'm taking this summer.

I'd probably buy the Kingdom Hearts games on PlayStation too if I had one. The physical release would be a big draw for me. I'm less bothered by frame rate in most games unless it REALLY chugs to the point a game is unplayable. Nintendo systems take up most of my gaming time right now though, with a little PC gaming thrown in on occasion.

I'd try either Dragon Quest Heroes I or II if given the chance, though I'd probably opt for II unless there's some sort of continuity between the two. I know this wasn't the case with the Dragon Quest Builders games, so I was perfectly fine jumping into the second one. I doubt I'll ever buy the first game, but I might try the demo on Switch at some point lol. Storage space is indeed a struggle sometimes.

@Sunsy Yes, the World Edition differences are purely cosmetic. The main reason I have a couple of those on 3DS is due to their listings being at or even a little under MSRP (new) when I bought them. I could see the cosmetics causing trouble for some collectors, but that doesn't bother me; I primarily buy games to play them, not hoard and collect them until my dying days without playing them. A few Amazon sellers do sell the World Editions and don't always tell up front that's what they are. Again though, it isn't a problem, and the games ARE legit. I did some research on them after I received my first one since I was concerned it was a bootleg. The cartridge does appear legit! Glad you're enjoying your time with Princess Peach: Showtime.

The one at night was VERY unexpected, moreso because they aren't common here either. I don't live too far from the infamous New Madrid fault system, but the epicenter for this particular quake was from a different fault system. I shared a bunk bed with my sister at the time and asked if she was shaking her half of the bunk just to be sure; I didn't think she was, just wanted to rule out the possibility.

I am thinking about taking my Switch on a trip this summer; it's never been more than a couple hours away from my home before. It's mainly due to damage and theft concerns. Sounds like you have a few options for public transportation; outside of a limited community service van and an overpriced taxi service, there isn't much else here. It's almost imperative to have a driver's license...or an easy/cheap way to hitch rides lol.

@jedgamesguy Super Mario 3D World is one of my backlogged Switch games, though I played it back on the Wii U originally. Totally worth buying again though, something I don't do often. Which includes Super Mario Bros. U [Deluxe], but I am happy that game has a wider audience. Conversely I don't have Super Mario RPG yet. I've played the original within the last few years, so it can wait a bit. I do like the game even if it's on the short side.

Sounds like you're returning to the UK soon. Until we race again then!

@MarioVillager92 I have Discord on both my PC and phone, but I tend to use it on my phone a lot more. I'll have to connect my headphones and play around with the settings a bit next time.

My main issue with high school was I was bored/usually not challenged, plus the class pool was limited. We didn't have a lot of computer/technology classes, plus I was in a different school setting before that and was actually a bit ahead of many of my peers Freshman year. I dealt with some jerks too, though a friend of mine dealt with a LOT more both at school and in her home life. I think our small friend group kept one another sane sometimes. Middle school was...dark. Still surprised I made it. Some people look back on their school years fondly. I only see that with early elementary and some of my college semesters lol. Cultivating self-love and changing our thought patterns can be quite the process. It sadly isn't a switch we can flip at will. It takes practice and patience. Just remember, contrary to some of the mental lies our brains can tell us, that you are not alone.

I have limited PlayStation exposure - I think the last of those I touched was my cousins' PS2 back in the day. I did want a PS4 at one point but shelved the idea. I think Nintendo systems and some PC gaming are more than enough to keep me busy for now. I agree, I think more recent PS exclusives can be a bit too cinematic at times. As for Ys, they are RPGs, but the action kind - you're actively attacking things on screen like in an action/adventure game. Some of the games have platforming elements as well (mostly those made using the Napishtim engine; the only one of these on Switch is Ys Origin; Ark of Napishtim and The Oath In Felghana are on PC). Looking forward to DQ XI S, hopefully later this year. I'm glad I have my Zelda G&W, though I haven't actually gamed on it for awhile now. I mostly use it as a unique time piece at work. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

CaleBoi25

Sing with me!
Twinkle twinkle little star...

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx yeah 3D World is a very easy game to pick up and play; game’s a right looker too, especially from a lighting and performance perspective. That was a no brainer, Mario U was also a no brainer, as was Mario RPG, even if I’m finding it to be a confused mess compared to the other RPG epics in my backlog. Ah well, I got the same game selection for the plane trip, not to mention podcasts, a few movies and books, so it’s all looking peachy.

On a more depressing note it sounds like you and I had similar high school experiences, my last years of it I found way too easy, right up until finals, which borderline broke me 😂. Had my fair share of good friends, bad friends, crazy people, and more, and it’s shaped me pretty definitively.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic