Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Book Club

Posts 581 to 588 of 588

Princess_Lilly

@MontyCircus that is so gruesome

yeah it's super wild how easily you can access the internet even in China and yet it doesnt help one bit

Princess_Lilly

moomin

@jedgamesguy The womanizing parts of Zhisui's journal were added by the western publisher to spice the book up. Zhisui said so himself.

And judging world leaders by their 'death count' is very reductive.

There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.

jedgamesguy

@moomin yes I’m fully aware of the changes, I knew about them before I started reading the book. As if Mao’s portrait wasn’t already interesting enough, sadly.

In this case it’s very much justified judging leaders by their death toll. If we considered any of these communist leaders great without looking at their death tolls, that would be reductive too. The figures are mind boggling.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Mallow9623

I've finally been able to get my hands on Amulet Book 9, and it's a great book.

It's not the best book in the series imo, but it's definitely the ending we all wanted for the series.

Mallow9623

XandertheWise

finished reading Needful Things last night. Back to reading Wheel of Time Winter's Heart.

also in May Im going to preorder the new upcoming Stephen King short story collection You Like it Darker.

and getting back into buying and reading the rest of old Star Wars novels like the Swarm War Trilogy

XandertheWise

Lazz

@XandertheWise what did you think of Needful things? As for Wheel of Time, I started the first book but had to return it before I had finished . It's the next series on my list. Earlier we chatted about Brandon Sanderson - if you make it to the final Wheel of Time book, Sanderson finished it for Robert Jordan, so you may get an introduction to his writing with that book

Nick

XandertheWise

I read Needful Things before a long time ago. Rereading it these days especially any old Stephen King book I notice things I didn't pay attention to due the movies based on the books being more popular back then. the book having Gaunt turn into an actual demon and his car turning into a demonic horse carriage a long with a hunchback person that I don't think I paid close attention to when i first read the book many years ago. that and I saw the extended version of the Needful Things movie on TBS back in the mid late 1990s where they included the two housewives and their Elvis stuff

Lazz wrote:

@XandertheWise what did you think of Needful things? As for Wheel of Time, I started the first book but had to return it before I had finished . It's the next series on my list. Earlier we chatted about Brandon Sanderson - if you make it to the final Wheel of Time book, Sanderson finished it for Robert Jordan, so you may get an introduction to his writing with that book

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

as for Path of Daggers and me being busy with Winter's Heart I had to watch a couple of recap YouTube vids from Wheel of Time Lore to recatch some stuff I might have missed while reading the beginning of Winter's Heart

XandertheWise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic