Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,303

Mana_Knight

@FishyS Same! I was not sure how to actually win in the Wrecking Crew game. Moved on to play Popoon instead. Very easy to beat the story mode, but I had a lot of fun.

Mana_Knight

Jhena

Ducktales Remastered for the PlayStation 3. This is what makes me happy. Finally I was able to swim in Scrooge Mc Duck's money safe.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

MarioVillager92

Just went back to Princess Peach: Showtime. Got quite a few more plays done and I'm enjoying my time with the game.

Also tried out a couple of the latest games that were added to the SNES NSO app. When I tried out Wrecking Crew '98, I had no clue what the heck I was meant to be doing... I was just hitting blocks for seemingly forever. Also played a bit of Super R-Type, I actually played that game when I was a kid. I remember that game being tough back then... and guess what, it's still tough now! It does seem to be a decent shoot 'em up, but I don't like how there are no checkpoints in the levels. Plus you can only take one hit. Like, I would lose a life in a boss fight, and the game takes you back to the beginning of the level... ugh, no thanks. Definitely using restore points next time I play this one.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

FishyS

@MarioVillager92 That wrecking crew game confused me also. I miss Peach Showtime; definitely my favorite game I've played this year.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

MarioVillager92

@FishyS Did you finish Peach Showtime already? That's what it sounds like to me. I haven't yet, but I would definitely like to.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

FishyS

@MarioVillager92 I 100%-ed the main game and really enjoyed it. The post-game goals are a little unexciting; I may go back to them eventually but I stopped for now.

FishyS

Jhena

I will be playing retro games on the Evercade, propably until the new Endless Ocean releases. 1944 : The Loop Master was the best one yet. Very satisfying gameplay. The difficulty of arcade games, is really something else, but I can understand why people love challenging games.

Jhena

dmcc0

@Jhena The Capcom 19__ games are all pretty good - I've recently finished 1941: Counter Attack from Capcom Arcade Stadium. How are the Evercade ports? Are they just straight ROMs of the Arcade games, or do you get options for difficulty, screen filters etc like Arcade Stadium?

dmcc0

Jhena

@dmcc0
Just watched a few minutes of 1941. I have to play it someday, looks really fun.

The Evercade ports seem to be straight ports. But the Evercade Exp has options, which can be used for every game. Six save states per game, aspect ratio has three options: original, pixel perfect and full screen. Scanlines can be added, weak and strong. Six frames can be used, when you are not using the full screen option. And propably the best option of the Evercade Exp is, that you can use the tate mode, by pressing a button.

Jhena

Mana_Knight

I bought Mario vs. Donkey Kong today.
I love it!!! It is so fun.

Mana_Knight

OldManHermit

@waveboy It’s been awhile, but I do recall being pretty disappointed with RE6. The story is completely absurd and way over the top, even by RE standards. Out of the 4 campaigns, I think Leon’s is the best and has the strongest horror vibes. There was a couple gameplay elements I did like, you can kick a zombie in the head, and you can dodge roll at will, which is a maneuver I’m surprised hasn’t made an appearance in more RE games.

OldManHermit

dmcc0

@Jhena That's pretty similar to the Arcade Stadium versions in terms of the graphics options. It's good that you can use TATE mode too - makes a big difference with some of the shmups especially. I just wish I had the means to turn the TV up the other way for them! I guess the Flip Grip in handheld mode will have to do.

dmcc0

FishyS

Europa (demo). Kind of jank, but super pretty and relaxing.

FishyS

dmcc0

stitch. (Switch) as featured in the recent Indie Direct. Sort of Picross meets colour by numbers and I'm enjoying it so far. My only slight criticism is that it's been a bit too easy up to now, but hopefully it'll pick up as I progress.

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (Xbox Series X). Just finished the 3rd episode of 5 in the first season. I've not read any of the comics, but I've seen a fair bit of the TV show over the years and I feel like the game is probably written as well, if not better, than the show - especially when compared to the later seasons where the quality of the show dropped off pretty significantly IMHO. I'm not sure if the characters in the game appear in the comics, but they are not the same characters from the show, although there are a couple with the same names as those in the show (Glen & Hershel so far) that could be the same characters. They haven't been main characters, so could just be a nod to the comics/tv show with cameos.
Typical Telltale stuff really, like a modern-day point-n-click adventure with the choices made during the game having an effect on how the story plays out.
I'll likely just play a season at a time with this to avoid burnout as there's a lot of content in the Definitive Edition with all four seasons, DLC and a shorter spin-off game too. Probably close to 50 hours total.

dmcc0

MarioVillager92

Been playing Splatoon 3 for the SpringFest. Also recently played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online.

@FishyS Nice, great job! Not sure if I'll get to 100%ing the game but I'll see. I've just been playing the game casually and getting as much done as I can.

Kisrah

Yakuza 0, on Xbox. A YouTube channel I follow listed Cabaret Club Czar in a video of “horrible” unskippable mini games! So now I’m replaying it because I love both Kiryu and Majima’s business games and that video reminded me how much fun I had with those. Besides, I bought the game ages ago and hadn’t played it yet (PlayStation originally)… 😅

When I’m not running bizarre errands around Kamurocho and Sotenbori I’m catching up with Fortnite.

Forever juggling half a dozen games across four different platforms. Sometimes I actually finish one.

Tasuki

Eiyuden Chronicles on the Series X. Loving the game so far definitely has that old school RPG feel to it and you can tell it's inspired by Suikoden. So far I am only 5 hours in but it's looking like a GOTY contender for me this year.

Fallout New Vegas also on the Series X. Was watching my son play it again and along with all the Fallout hype going on right now I decided to start a new game. Too me this is still the best Fallout game. Wish they would Remaster or do a current Gen upgrade for this one but I know they wont.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

Finally started playing Golf Story.

...took me ****ing long enough, god...I only played Yooka Laylee last year too, why?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

HeroOfTwilight365

I'm playing Hollow Knight as fast as I can. Gotta finish it before Silksong comes out (which will be in an eternity, but you get the point).

HeroOfTwilight365

OctolingKing13

@HeroOfTwilight365 change eternity to NEVER

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic